Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Congratulations to my "Beautiful Brides"

I know, I know, I'm a bad blogger. It's been a while but October was, hands-down, my busiest month this year. I completed something like 24 photos shoots before the month was out! Since I haven't kept up with telling you all about the fabulous weddings I've covered in the past two months, I'll spend some of the winter talking about/showing you:

-the bride who walked down the aisle to AC/DC's, "She's Got Balls"
-the couple in New York who got married at a gorgeous turn-of-the-century mansion (a wedding that I was just on time for because we were detained at the border)
-the groom and groomsman in kilts who looked at me like I was nuts because I asked them to squat on a set of stairs (I forgot about what they wear-or don't wear- underneath)
-the amazing outdoor wedding in the rain at Rockwood Conservation area
-a surprisingly intimate and touching (I cried) service with only 4 people in attendance in a Catholic church that can hold over 600 people
-the supermodel-esque bride with the extreme passion for all thing trekky (Yup, that's Star Trek, guys), and on and on.


For now, I wanted to congratulate two of my bride's who were award honourable mentions in the 2007 Beautiful Bride Cover Search for the "Your Wedding Portfolio" wedding planner.

Martha Foulds (on the left) was married to Ryan Carey at Whistlebear Golf Course on a gorgeous day in October 2005 . This wedding oozed class and Old Hollywood style. Funny thing with her entry is that she thought that she shouldn't even bother because there was no way she's win....hmmm. Anyway congratulations to Martha and Ryan who are expecting their first baby any day now.

Colleen Haney (nee Cressman) on the right, married Craig Haney this past July on the hottest day of the year at the Millrace Park in Historic Galt, Ontario. Colleen, along with many other of my beautiful brides (and grooms) from the past year, was also featured in other locations throughout the magazine.

Though I still have more weddings before 2006 comes to an end, I'm able to take a peak back and marvel at the array of events we've covered and the amazing new friends I've made this year.

Stay turned, I'll tell you all about it through the chilly months.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was part of the AC/DC-Star-Trek-loving wedding. It was a lot of fun and you were a lot of fun to shoot with.

Thanks very much for fun times!

Unknown said...

Thanks Cathy! We had a blast!