Friday, September 14, 2007

So proud to call her my friend....

I remember the swell of pride I felt when I saw the photo of Jenn crossing the finish line at Toronto's Weekend to End Breast Cancer. This is a 60 km walk to raise funds to end this terrible disease. Jenn used to work with me and has been the 2nd shooter at many of my weddings. Jenn has since moved to Vancouver but comes back to Ontario on a regular basis to shoot Boulevard weddings (and visit her family). She is a favourite with engaged couples and their families because she has a true passion for making your day special. Her passion for giving continues across the county as she prepares to walk ANOTHER 60 km walk.

Read below and if you can, offer her your support.
Thank you,
Heather


From Jenn:
Hi Friend,
On September 5-7, 2008 I'll be participating in The Weekend to End Breast Cancer.I'll walk 60 kilometres over 2 days with thousands of other women and men. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, treatment, and services through the BC Cancer Foundation.I've agreed to raise at least $2,000, but I'd love to exceed the $2600 I raised a couple of years ago. Use the link at the bottom of this email to visit my site - and please take the time to support me. Please keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train.According to the National Cancer Institute of Canada, approximately 20,500 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 5,400 will die from the disease. That's why I'm walking so far. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.Thank you in advance for your generosity!Sincerely,Jennifer KirkClick here to visit my personal page.If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:http://www.endcancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Vancouver2008?px=2350764&pg=personal&fr_id=1255&fl=en_US&et=G3G0vCfzpuy9wO7EVct-_A..&s_tafId=187181






Jenn-Jenn earlier this year at the
Wedding and Portrait Photographers International convention in Las Vegas.

No comments: