Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Dads in My World

I would not be me without these amazing three!
In order from left to right:

MY DAD: Upon the multitudes of gifts my father has given me (independence, stubbornness, photography) the two most amazing things my father has taught me is that you can grow as a person and achieve BIG BIG goals all throughout your life (dude quit smoking, lost 60 pounds and started running half marathons at 50 years old)AND that it is possible to fall in love with the same person over and over again throughout a 40 year marriage!

A GRANDDAD: I've always been my grandpa's "Cotton Top" and even now I find a safe place in his arms. In his 90th year he loves me and all his grand kids as fiercely as he has done since we were babies. It didn't matter that I was a girl or just a kid, he's always talked to me as if I could take over the world...I'm working on it Grandpa!

THE BEST DAD IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD: When you become a mom, you realize how important your choice in spouse was. I chose Rob because of his cute butt and just lucked out on his amazing skills as a dad! He never "babysits" our kids, he's just simply an inherent part of their existences. I couldn't count how many times a day they tell each other that they love each other, they finish each other sentences and draw life from each other. It's some kinda wonderful to be part of all that!

Happy Father's Day, my amazing men!

No comments: